Bill & Financial Needs Assistance

Alpha & Omega Church
1445 Gray Avenue
(336) 748-8797

Crisis Control Ministries
Bills, Prescriptions, Food Assistance; Some Spanish translation available

200 East 10th Street
(336) 724-7875
Weekdays  9am-12pm, 1-4pm
Tuesday evenings 5-7pm

431 W. Bodenhamer St  Kernersville
(336) 996-5401
Weekdays  9am-12pm
Tues. & Thurs. 1-4pm

Need social security card, picture ID, proof of crisis, proof of expenses

Department of Social Services
Funds provide for supplemental funding for eligible adults who choose to remain in their own home
741 Highland Ave
(336) 703-3501
Call for eligibility

Family Caregiver Support Program
Provides Support for Family Caregivers
400 West 4th St, Suite 400
(336) 761-2111

First Baptist of East Winston
Emergency Financial Need
700 Highland Ave
(336) 722-5605
By Appt. Only
Tues. 12:30pm

Loaves & Fishes of Centenary UMC
Utilities, Rent
NEW ADDRESS: 633 W 4 1/2th St.
(336) 724-6311 (Church)
To receive funds:
Call (336) 397-1364 between 7am and 7:10am on Tuesdays only.  Only 9 appointment slots available each week.  Leave your name and a phone number where you may be reached. You won’t be given a slot unless someone from Centenary’s Loaves & Fishes ministry calls you back to confirm that you have an appointment.
May receive once every 24 months, up to 5 times. Availability depends on funds available

NC Foreclosure Prevention Fund
No-interest loans for mortgage payment help
Consumer Credit Counseling Service of Forsyth Co.
8064 North Point Blvd. Ste. 204
(336) 896-1191
Make appointment
Must be unemployed or have serious financial burden

Positive Wellness Alliance
Emergency financial relief to HIV/AIDS positive individuals to help with rent, utilities
1000 Marshall St
Suite 257 & 258
(336) 248-4646
Make an appointment

Salvation Army
Emergency assistance with bills
130-A Stratford Ct.
(336) 723-6366
Mon. – Fri.  9am-12pm
By Appointment Only
Need photo ID, SSN or ITIN card for every household member, Birth Certificate (or Medicaid card with birthday) for every child in household 5yrs or younger, Proof of income & emergency

St. Paul’s Episcopal Outreach Center
608 Summit St.
(336) 723-4391 x1502
Call for appointment. Leave information on voicemail.
You must seek help from another organization first.

Sunnyside Ministries
319 Haled Street
(336) 724-7558
By Appointment Only
Mon.-Fri.  9-11am, 1-3pm
Need social security card, picture ID, proof of crisis, proof of expenses, proof of income
Must live in 27127 or 27107 zips
Also available: Food pantry, Clothing closet

Work First Family Assistance
The Department of Social Services agency works with individuals and families to provide temporary economic assistance, including rent, and assists the low income in meeting basic needs.
741 North Highland Avenue
(336) 703-3802
Eligibility requirements listed on website, or visit or call with questions.